Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thank Heaven for Little Boys


We always thought we would have a family full of girls. And we did. For a while. Then God blessed us with a boy. And another boy. Wow! I understand my girls pretty well. While I do not always understand my boys, I appreciate them and am delighted by them and the way they think and respond to the world. I will admit that I am often caught off guard by the things they do and the ways they explore their world. Today was not exception when I discovered this:


Any body want a toasted fork??
I found myself audibly praising God that my toaster was unplugged.

8 comments:

Jeni said...

I don't understand my boy either, but I sure do love him. They are interesting though, aren't they? I too am still surprised at times and he is 5!

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

Curiosity! You are right to audibly praise God on this one!

Bill and Martina said...

James, Nana likes her forks just lightly toasted with real butter, please. Are you going to make breakfast for everybody at the beach? Love you-Nana

Ellen said...

I had to show this one to my hubby - we both chuckled - we've been experiencing this sort of thing for awhile - welcome to the wonderful world of boys!!

At home with the Howells said...

I am so not ready for my sweet baby to be a little boy.

Our Plain Life said...

silly little boys!! You could use this for your electricity lesson!

The Milne Family said...

I can't think of anything clever to say, but I did laugh! And cringe since I've got 2 boys too!

Mama in Training said...

That's just too funny! Hunter hasn't done anything like this...yet! ;)