Well, we went to the pumpkin patch....Northern Virginia style. Only slightly more authentic than the trip to the local grocery store to choose a gourd is the trip to the roadside nursery to select a pumpkin off of their festively arranged shelves. (On days like this we miss our home in Dayton where we could drive to any number of real farms and see real produce growing....I know we could have driven to other parts of Virginia to capture the perfect speccimin, but We Six Yohos were a little pressed for time this year!) Our next step will be for the children to submit theiur design entires and then the actual carving....we'll keep your posted!
3 comments:
I hate to doubt your abilities but you are going to have to have a very steady hand to carve the pumpkin that James picked out. I have great faith that you will be able to carve Micky Mouse riding on Thomas the Train on his choice of a pumpkin. Great pictures no matter where they were taken. Love-Mom/Nana
It's amazing how much the boys look alike! Happy Fall!
Love, Auntie Ju-Ju
PS, based on my boys' interaction with their pumpkins, I would have to say that James picked his for its portability! Very smart! Elizabeth looks like she thinks BIG and Abigail's seems very carefully picked! (Did they each get a pumpkin? or did you get 1 "family" pumpkin?)
Post a Comment