Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grandma


Grandma with Abigail-August 2006
While on our Disney vacation last week we learned that my maternal grandma, Alma Eckroth, passed away. She had been ill for many months, but we were caught off guard as we had just spoken with her on Saturday and she sounded great. So, upon returning to Northern Virginia, I caught a flight out to Seattle for three days to be with my family and attend her services.
Though I did not get to spend much time with Grandma once I finished school and started a family, she and I were always great pen-pals and she had become a faithful follower of this blog. She treasured "Lizzie" stories (Elizabeth), and always knew what all of the kids were up to. The reality of her death continues to set in for me. While I know she finally rests comfortably in the arms of her savior and friend, Jesus, I miss her here on this earth.
Grandma, I love you, and the legacy you have left us of strong faith, and strong family will continue to grow in the hearts and actions of We Six Yohos.

5 comments:

Bill and Martina said...

She loved you dearly Tweets and always wanted to hear what was up in the Yoho household whenever we talked on the phone. You and Grandma were kindred spirits in your love for crafts and your love for kids. She lives on in you and your children. Love-Mom

--sme said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She is still with you and will continue to guide you. I will keep your family in my prayers.

The Milne Family said...

I'm glad you were able to go out for the family time. It was very honoring to her. Love ya! Jules

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Grandmas are the best! Thanks for sharing your heart and that great picture! Love you friend! I bet our Grams are having tea together.

Our Plain Life said...

:( So sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad you were able to fly out to be with your extended family.
Miss you guys a lot!
Love,
Reb