We all have those meals that we remeber from when we were kids. Ouir moms used to make them regularly and now we nevr think to fix them ourselves. Some we hated (Like chicken strata or tuna hnoodle casserole) and we swear they will never appear on our dinner table. Others though, we really liked and last night I fixed one....Goolash! My kids lvoed it, my husband loved it, and I really enjoyed fixing something that 6 people ate without complaint!
If you are unfamiliar with it, here it is
Mix together one pound of browned ground beef, 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, one box of elbow noodles (whole grain are great ion this ) , and one bag of frozen corn that has been heated up.
Enjoy!!
4 comments:
I really like chicken/turkey strata! My kids eat anything with corn in it!
Thanks for the vote of confidence on the chicken strata, Julie. Things don't change even when your kids are adults-some of them LOVE what you put on the table and some of them wrinkle up their noses. :)The goulash looked great, Lacey. Think that you have found a winner for a home group dinner. I remember having to sing the goulash song the third night of leftovers to get you and Dean to eat it. It went something like this "Mmmm Mmmm Good. Mmmm Mmmm Good. Goulash is Mmmm Mmmm Good." Love-Mom
I've made a similar dish in the past, but I really like your recipe. I was hesitant about the corn, but it adds a great texture and sweetness. (And this is so easy even my husband could make it, lol!) Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks for posting this! It reminds me of a dish my grandma used to make. I'll have to work this into our weekly menus! Woohoo!
Post a Comment