Sunday, May 23, 2010

Soccer-The Elizabeth Way


She's not a super star by the world's standards. She doesn't always kick the ball. Sometimes she gets close and just watches what other kids do with it. I darsay we'll go through an entire season without her scoring a goal. And after most games she has no idea what the scores is. I don't think she knows what an "assist" is and I am pretty sure she can't name all of the kids on the team.

BUT

She loves soccer. She smiles when she plays. She lights up when it is her turn to go onto the field. She cheers for others. She obeys the coaches. She loves the uniform. She gets excited when we get close to game time. She engages in the team chant with gusto. She usually dacne on the sidelines. Someitmes even stands on her head (maybe the game is more exicting when viewed upside down?) She loves soccer. And I love watching her have fun.

Tonight I am thanking God that Elizabeth has a game in her life that she loves. Something that she enjoys doding, that lights up her face, and that is just for fun! I am sure she will find a new passion soon, but I love this season for what it is.

2 comments:

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Bitz - you are the super cutest soccer player I've ever seen!! Emma LOVES your uniform and wants to join your team! xoxoxoxo from Mrs. Moris!

William said...

What fun we are having watch you participate in your first team sport. I, like your mom, love watching you out on that field running your little legs out trying to keep up with the ball and your teammates. Papa and I look forward to seeing your game on Sunday-Love-Nana