Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gravity and other things

Our studies of the solar system are now complete, and next week we move on to some other theme,s but today we had to take the opportunity to talk a little about gravity and centrifugal force. Preschool is so much fun!!! The kids first determined that all things eventually come down, but then we learned that another force can act on things to keep them for falling sometimes. Here we are proving our theory of gravity (thanks Newton!) before we moved on to swinging cups full of water or rocks around to see how centrifugal force works. Although we had a few splashed of water, no one was injured by the rocks!! (Which is good news since Jacob's face is already being held together by derma bond.)

This week was also the start of dance, auditions for the fall show with Northern Virginia players, and "prepare the deck for sealing" week. We Six Yohos sure do know how to stay busy!!

2 comments:

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Love you We six Yohos!

William said...

I get tired just reading your blog. Looks like gravity was lots of fun in preschool yesterday. I know now why so many women like to consult you on the prospect of homeschooling-you do it so well. I always said that I was investing in the BEST school teacher ever each time I sent a check to UD. Lots of love to all-Mom/Nana