I guess it is. So, in true Lacey fashion, I have decided to write one myself! We are half way through Genesis and today we studied the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. It was neat to read that God actually considered keeping this from Abraham, but he decided in the end to allow him to see what he was doing. I think it was God's plan to make Abraham a better leader.
Here was our rendition of what Lot's wife looked like after turning back to spy the destruction:
So far I really like this approach to teaching (start at the beginning of the Bible, read some every day until the end of the Bible and narrate a journal page each day so you remember what you learned.)
Here are a few other random pictures from this week:
Silas cleaning things up around the house: (yes, that is a cell phone...no, it did not actually get washed)
The zoo crew cleaning up the animals at the Kid Farm.
Abigail sleeping off a big fever after our trip to the zoo.
3 comments:
I love your approach to your Bible study lessons. There is no doubt in my mind that your three little ones are going to remember the stories they have learned and will even be able to explain to others some of the real life application of those stories. The picture of Abigail just makes me want to pick her up and snuggle with her. She might be just a couple of months shy of being 6 but she will always be my baby girl. Love-Mom/Nana
If you would publish your curriculum, I'm sure we could negotiate a price. Could we include the price of teacher???
I would advise against washing your cell phone... it does clean as well as the dishes...
Sounds like a good approach to the Bible as well. I have been reading through the Bible. I have had bad dreams, and crazy thoughts while reading through, but have also been amazed at the truth conveyed in such different ways. I guess I have forgotten so many stories of the Old Testament. Not the big ones, just the small stories, like one of the judges sacrificing his daughter! Goodness. I do however think your approach is really good. That is what my dad did with us. It really did help me learn the Bible. Keep it up!
Post a Comment