Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Home for the Holidays

Arriving back at home after Thanksgiving meant it was time to get December out!! We had a great first day back at preschool where we made Christmas Tree Glyphs and had our lunch in a BOX since it was X day!
We also managed to get our decorations up this week. As I put up my Christmas village with the girls last night I had the bittersweet experience of finding memories of my grandma. When she passed away we were all invited to claim any items from her home that we wanted to keep for our memories. Well, I could not pass up one of her village pieces. The woman LOVED WalMart and for the last decade of her life (or maybe two) she shopped exclusively at the WalMart across the street from her home. And so, in her honor, we proudly arranged her WalMart in middle of our Dickens Christmas village.

Today we had to buckle down and get some school work done so we had a Spell-Stacle course....you know, a spelling obstacle course! I am happy to report that all three of the big kids know all of their words for this week!!

4 comments:

William said...

Loved your last two posts-the holidays have begun in great style at the Yoho house. Was a bit teary eyed as I looked at the picture of the WalMart store in your Christmas village. I know that Grandma would love the fact that it meant so much to her little "Tweets". Love-Mom/Nana

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Love the updates and Love you all!!! Love the Spell-stacle course!!!

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Love the updates and Love you all!!! Love the Spell-stacle course!!!

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Love the updates and Love you all!!! Love the Spell-stacle course!!!