Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dance Recital Day

I and 1099 other adoring fans (literally!) watched as my ballerinas take the stage today.
Elizabeth, you were a beautiful Bolivian "Mariposa." It was evident from the glow on your face that you love to dance and you loved this costume! You lit up when you glided on stage with your wings spread! I was so proud of you, and so were your little brothers who watched every bit of your dance (three times this week, they might like to point out!).
Abigail, this was your first year in the "big girl" recital. Much to your little brothers' dismay, we got to watch you in a separate recital from your little sister. Your class performed as the "French Mademoiselles." You continue to gain grace and skill each year that you dance. It is clear that you are more than ready to join the ranks of the big girls--even though to Daddy and I you are still our little girl! Great job little girl! I was very proud of you today!

4 comments:

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Wow, they both look so much bigger, so much more grown. They shine and are beautiful - I'm sure you are very proud of your sweet girls because I sure am!

Danielle K said...

What beautiful girls! I am glad they have found something the enjoy and excel at!

At home with the Howells said...

I love their costumes.

William said...

Abigail and Elizabeth I was so sad that I couldn't be at your recital this year but was thrilled to see a dress rehearsal in your classrooms. I am amazed how much difference a year makes-you both have gotten so much more confident in your dance skills and your stage presence. I know that it won't be too many more years and I will be watching you up on stage in point shoes. Love-Nana