This posting is my heart's prayer of rejoicing today....but you are welcome to eavesdrop!!
Lord,
Today you overwhelmed me with a great gift. John wrote about it in his books of the Bible. 3 John 4 say, "I have no greater joy that to hear that my children are walking in the truth." Today I say my child walking in your Truth and worshipping you. First as we sat in church and observed communion, I was delighted to be at her side when she whispered, "I don't like these," concerning the wafer cracker she was offered in the communion tray. I know you read my thoughts Lord when I silently admitted that I don't either. I know you did not see it as irreverent when she took tiny bites of that wafer over the course of the next many minutes just to get it all down. I know that her faith honors you and I know that you accept her, even when she might act in a child-like way.
Then, to stand with her and worship was a sweet gift. As she sang to you and praised your name, I was blessed to hear her little five year old voice singing in and out of tune. I know that you heard her words clearly, and in perfect pitch and accepted them as a sacrifice of praise.
Thank you for allowing me to watch her worshipping and honoring you. Thank you for allowing me to see her faith increase. Thank you for blessing me today in a way I never expected.
Amen
3 comments:
God is so very good!! Thank you for being the kind of Mom who rejoices more over spiritual growth than physical accomplishments. Thank you for encouraging us as we listened in on your prayer time with the Lord. I love you-Mom
Tell Abigail that one time (when I was in the Dominican Republic) I was served pieces of hot dog buns and grape soda for communion! Now that was an experience! (Not as spiritual as yours or Nana's, but it was the first thing that came to my mind after tearing up and thinking "so sweet...").
Love, Auntie Ju-Ju
This is precious and I am so glad that you shared it with all of us! Hearing kids worship is the what I miss the most from teaching at Dayton Christian. He Really takes delight in hearing their voices. I am so glad that Abigail is a child of God and that she loves to use her voice to sing to Him.
Love you
Sherry
Post a Comment