Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Tooth Fairy (AKA Mom)

Today Abigail woke up like this:


and ended the day like this:


This is her second tooth to jump ship. After the first we were horrible parents and neglected a visit from the Tooth Fairy. This time we were on our game. As Abigail was getting ready for bed Ryan told her to find a bag or something to put her tooth in so it would safely go under the pillow (there has been no talk of a tooth fairy in our hose, but still our children are all aware of the gift that is owed them when they present dislodged baby teeth....hmmm??) Anyway, she looks at me and is disheartened. "But mom, I want to keep my tooth." Why do you think you won't keep it honey?" I ask. "Well, if the tooth fairy comes," she says thoughtfully,then pauses and grins at me before continuing "Hey wait, it's you anyway. You're the tooth fairy. So, don't take my tooth please."
As I go up to go to bed she is fast asleep and I find this in her room waiting for me, I meaning, waiting for the tooth fairy: ("Dear tooth fairy, please leave prize but do not take tooth." Signed "ASY")

4 comments:

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

that is the cutest thing ever. Wesley is 6+ and still has not lost a tooth. she can't wait!

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

What a funny story! She is a sweet girl and looks even cuter with that tooth gone. Love those toothless grins:)

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Well done tooth fairy! Too bad Mrs.Moris isn't around to teach you how to suck soup through your missing front teeth hehehe

William said...

Abigail, you are beautiful even without a front tooth. Sure glad the tooth fairy finally came through for you. Love-Nana