Saturday, August 16, 2008

Glorified Bodies

Recently Ryan and I have been reading a book by Randy Alcorn called Heaven. One of the chapters deals with our glorified bodies and what will become of these old bones and skin that we live in right now.
This week Nana purchased a new Monkey for James. Monkey is James' best sleeping buddy and is starting to show the effects of his romps with James. His skin is now brown instead of blue, his stuffing is no longer fluffy, and his tail is being systematically eaten off (by James). we felt it was best to locate and obtain another Monkey while they are still around so that if this one must go home to Monkey heaven ther ewill be a replacement handy.



Setting the two monkeys side by side this week I had to laugh. Alcorn's book came to mind as I looked at what a glorified monkey body looks like. Monkey and "NewNew Monkey" are a good reminder to me of how man was once perfect, but now is fallen, and will one day be restored to that perfection when we are reunited with Christ, our Savior.

2 comments:

Bill and Martina said...

Who knew that Monkey had the gift of evangelism?

The Milne Family said...

Thankfully in Heaven our New-New Monkey bodies will last forever! Too bad we have to wait until then! I could use one now, although I'd settle for an almost new one! Especially when trying to keep up with these to little monkeys of mine!