Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good Gifts

Last night We Six Yohos packed up Daddy and headed to Dulles airport. It was 7:00 and bedtime was nearing and although we had many offers from others to help with the airport dropoff, I felty like we needed to stick together as a family for this adventure. After hugs and kisses at the airport, we sent Daddy in to a very long line at the check in counter and we pulled out to return home. This was where I thought things could go poorly....mostly for me as I was having a hard time not crying. Just as we drove off, all three of the oldest kids started hunting for airplanes and playing games with each other. James even declared that he was the proud owner of several of the dump trucks that we passed on the road! It was pleasant and funny chattere that carried us home and made the 45 minute drive go by quickly.
This seems like an insignificant situation, but this was truly a good gift from God directly given to me. While I was on the verge of a breakdown, God gifted me with the company I needed to carry me. What a gift!!
What's more, when we got home and tucked everyone in it was time for Silas to have a bottle and head to bed. My now 6 month old is not so snuggly as he used to be much to mommy's dismay at times. But little did I know that another good gift was coming my way. After Silas finished his bottle he crawled right up on my shoulder and snuggled and sang to me until he fell asleep. How Great is our God to care for our minds and our hearts in ways far better than we can imagine!
--Praising Him Today!!

1 comment:

The Milne Family said...

I just love it when my not-so-cuddly Zack snuggles with me! I pray that the Lord will surround Ryan during his travels and be your comfort and strength while he's gone!
We love you! Julie (and Dean and boys)
PS, what is going on with your time stamp for your posts? 4:22am??